C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Let Me Introduce You to Connie

Several years ago a delightful woman in our church asked me to help her transition from her home into an apartment in an assisted living facility...and of course I was in.  Along with her daughter, Becky, I helped her figure out what furniture to take, what to buy new, and what colors to paint the rooms.  Then came the fun part...putting it all together.  We made a good team and it was the start of a long-term relationship that would bring much joy into my life.

Let me introduce you to Connie...
my friend, and accomplished artist.

Connie's media include
watercolor, acrylics, oil, rug
hooking, basket making, and
knitting.  She has even done a
little Japanese brush painting
and probably other things I
don't know about.

 A few months ago Connie was invited to participate in an art show at her place of residence and I helped her pull it all together.
We created a beautiful collage wall for the show showcasing her varied talents.  

More of her handiwork was displayed in this cabinet .
In addition, over the past few years I have had the pleasure of helping Connie reinvent some of her art.  By scanning and resizing her original work we have been able to turn it into notecards, bookmarks, gift tags, and special little accordion books.  


She enjoys giving them as gifts and is seen here selling her treasures at a craft show at her place of residence.

A tiny set of Connie's floral watercolors 
I made into accordion books that fit inside matchboxes.


Notecards, Bookmarks, and Gift Tags

Her oil painting of a canning jar can be seen in the collage wall above and is a favorite for many...including Connie. The original hangs in the kitchen of her apartment.







Stay tuned to see how we reinvented this lovely painting to give as gifts and more of Connie and her art.


2 comments:

  1. thanks so much for introducing us to Connie. What a great artist she is. I'm glad once again to have a face to put with the name you mention so often. And you are doing great things for her and her art work. I'm especially taken with the accordian booklet that fits in a matchbox! Too cool.

    ReplyDelete