C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 8, 2015

More Needle-felting

Several years ago I attended a quilt expo in Madison, Wisconsin and I stumbled across a booth with needle-felting supplies...I was intrigued.  After a quick lesson and a few dollars in materials I had another new hobby.




 There is something very relaxing about needle-felting colorful balls.  I use them for garlands, beads or just to to look pretty in a jar.


 This picture has kind of a nautical feel to it.  I embellished the needle-felted orbs (urchins) with glass beads, sequence, and floss, and added charming polymer beads made by my good friend Ellen. 



Here it is displayed in my house in Maine.  The shelf it is sitting in is an
oak drawer from a dresser I found along side of the road.  
I have four drawers to play with.
I made the stained glass lamp out of sea glass and other glass scraps.




My friend Janice found me some wonderful little acorn caps from Florida and I couldn't wait to turn them into these little felted gems.  









I made this little picture for my friend Connie inspired by something on one of her Pinterest boards.  In addition to the needled felted circles, I used wool scraps, and buttons.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, love the drawers. I never would have thought of using them like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I am always looking for interesting free stuff. I have a couple of friends I walk with and they often have to help me bring things home. These drawers are awesome!

      Delete