C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reinventing the Jar

As I mentioned in the last post Connie's oil painting of the jar is a favorite.  During her show she had an offer to buy it, but since it wasn't for sale...we wanted to come up with a way to share it.  At first we color copied her original thinking we would use a simple frame. But because it was an oil painting I used a different technique.


I bought a 4 x 6 wooden paint panel at my local craft store which I sanded and stained.



I cut the copy a little smaller than the panel thinking the edge gave it a nice frame.  Then I applied a thin coat of Matte Medium on the panel and adhered the jar image using a brayer.

Sometimes it's helpful to put a coat of the Matte Medium over the image for protection, but it isn't necessary. This can protect the image and give it a more hand painted feel.  (If I do, I spray a light coat of fixative so the ink doesn't run.)


Voilà!  A wonderful gift for someone special!


No comments:

Post a Comment