C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Ask Seek Knock


The current sewing project I mentioned in the last post reminded me of this banner.

With the help of Joan, and the project group at church, we made this banner as a going away gift for Dana, one of our ministers.  During her last service...it hung on the pulpit in the sanctuary as we celebrated her ministry.

 




A base of batik strips were machine stitched onto backing and batting.  Then more strips were layered and fused on top. Finally, many rows of top-stitching were added before it was bound with strips of the various colors.  The words are fused fabric.

Quite joyful don't you think?



2 comments:

  1. This currently hangs in my office and I can't tell you how much I love it. I get more comments on it than anything else. I also hang the ribbon "banner" on my office door and a few teenagers felt inspired to make their own for their homes! I'll send you a picture of it hanging in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy this makes me! This was truly a "many hands" project and we were really proud of it! I will look forward to seeing it in its new home.

    ReplyDelete