C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bottle Caps...Why Not?


I saw this image on Pinterest and was intrigued....circles and dots get me every time. It linked to a Tumblr post featuring whole wall decorated with plastic bottle caps collected by kids. I loved how they layered several caps inside one another. There are several other interesting bottle cap sculptures on one of my Pinterest boards including some beautiful hanging ones using only the translucent water bottle caps.







Hmmm...why not? It costs nothing to start collecting. So that is just what I did thinking I would make some sort of an art piece for my back yard.  With the help of friends I have collected quite a few caps and a few months ago I laid some of them out on the counter and created this swirl. It helped me see that I am in need of transition colors like purple, lime green, yellow orange and teal etc.


I wonder if they fade in the sun...?  I will have to experiment with that.


My collection is twice as big now and I'm still mulling it over...but come spring I hope to do something with them.  Why not?



No comments:

Post a Comment