C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 6, 2015

Daisies to Dots Calendar

Yes...another calendar...one of my first that I made for my friend Lynn. The main reason I am posting it is to share the technique....I think it's kind of fun.


I took a piece of black and white daisy scrapbook paper like this and punched the daisies into circles. Then, using my printer I resized some of them, printed them on card stock, and punched them again. Finally, using circles of metallic and glitter paper I played around stacking them up. I love the effect you get when you stack two different sizes on top of one another and shift them a bit.

I wanted to give you a closer look but all I had was the photograph above since I gave the calendar away.   So...with my new screen shot skill and my Pages program I was able to single out the circles and create the collage below.  You gotta' love technology....and I'm not very technical.


Here is an ATC (artist trading card) I made for my friend Ellen using the same punched daisy circles.  I punched a hole in the center of each one and backed them with colored velum so the light comes through.




4 comments: