C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 8, 2015

Balance!

Needing a little more balance lately...
Actually what I need to do is sew....but it's going to be a while before I get to that. But that's OK...important things are getting done.

This is a page in my Pinterest inspired journal. I used a fabric background technique I learned from Ellen Lindner, a quilt artist I found on Pinterest. I fused and layered scraps of blue and purple batiks and added some wavy lined quilting. Then I fused and outlined the rocks. (did you notice the little gold vein in one of the rocks?)

Finally a border of free motion quilting to secure it onto a piece of card stock...and in the book it went!

Here is one of Ellen's quilts with her layered backgrounds.  I think she does a very good job with color.

I love these little collage quilts from a series Ellen calls "Notes for a friend."  I'm anxious to do a little mixed media art quilting and I will revisit her website for inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment