C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Cindy's Art Quilts

A side view of my lovely art quilt from Cindy Grisdela.

"I am a fiber artist specializing in abstract contemporary work that explores the glorious world of color."  Cindy Grisdela

Here is the start of my little art quilt that I found on her blog posted about here.


Townhouses


Cindy's use of color...her machine quilting...and the stories she tells with her art quilts just mesmerize me.
Ocean Waves


"I'm intrigued by color and the way colors interact with one another. Color is such an exciting part of life--the red of a perfectly ripe strawberry, the deep blue of a summer sky, the russets and golds of fall leaves--all enhance our experience of the world. I like to use fabric the way a painter might use paint to create a mood, develop a contrast or explore an idea." 
Cindy Grisdela

City Streets
Riverbank
Her machine quilting and top stitching transform a quilt.  If you want to see more check out her blog, her Facebook page and her website. I'm a big fan Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment