C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, June 5, 2015

More Simplifying...

...and once again some of it is actually better.

I found this shelf at a consignment shop. Believe it or not, the pine cone is the state flower of Maine so I thought the little pine cone stencil was charming.  The long coastal painting is an original done by an artist who paints wall paper for doll houses.

I liked the assortment of beach treasures...but it is a bit awkward.

I changed the picture and reworked the shelf.  I think it looks better.

You can't really tell...but the 
picture is a lovely soft 
painting of a sand dune.

And the long coastal picture is perfect above the desk.
I liked my colorful collage wall....but simple is the 
word of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment