C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 24, 2015

"Papered Thoughts"

I came across this collection of Rin Dawson's mail art on Tumblr. I love her colorful and simple designs called "Papered Thoughts." On her Instagram homepage she says "the world needs more love, kindness, confetti...and good vibes."





Rin's colored strips reminded me of the mobiles I make out of velum that I shared a little while ago. Ever since I saw her work I wanted to play around with it a bit. At first I tried to sew the strips onto paper...but they curled and it just wasn't working like I wanted.  Then I switched to making the strips digitally using my Pages program. I ended up with a few note cards and some stationary.





I loosely following the color scheme of Bill's hat. I tend to go with the typical rainbow scheme when using lots of colors...so I need to be deliberate about doing something else.  Thanks Bill!





Then just print, fold, and it's ready for your note.

No comments:

Post a Comment