C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 15, 2016

All Stitched

I finished the machine stitching on my little class quilt. I may add a little hand stitching and embellishment...and I may mount it on a canvas.  We'll see.



After the top stitching was done...following Melody's instruction on finishing techniques...I cut squares out of the corners....
folded the edges over and fused them to the back.
Then I fused another piece of fabric to the back to cover all the mess. Pretty slick...and pretty easy....a technique I will use again and again.
Now I just need to practice my stitching and get a little more creative and brave about stitching patterns. There are some problems....but I learned a lot that I can apply to the next one. Yes...there will be a next one to be sure. 

I'm sketching and collecting all kinds of ideas for more fused quilts.







2 comments:

  1. I love your colors! Looks like this class was a thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes...the class is definitely a thumbs up.

      Delete