C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 17, 2017

All the Fuss

"It is indeed the ability to see wonder, surprise, possibility in each experience and each encounter that is a core aspect of joy." The Book of Joy

Both my son Sam and my husband Paul love the 7th floor reading room at the University of Southern Maine Library. Sam discovered it while he was a student and was there almost every day. Paul discovered it because he just loves libraries and it was within walking distance from where we used to live. Paul and I spent the day in Portland...and while he was in a meeting I took my book to the 7th floor reading room.  I now know what all the fuss is about.

As you walk in there are floor to ceiling windows with sweeping views of Back Cove and the city of Portland. In no way do these pictures do it justice.






No comments:

Post a Comment