C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 13, 2017

Fusing and Stitching

I love how my color scheme project matches Connie's giant amaryllis. This scheme is a little different for me but I'm enjoying it quite a bit....it feels so springy. We just got a second foot of snow within a week...so spring seems like a long way off.  

Once I had the basic plan I started fusing and stitching the foundation pieces.

Folt Bolt's February color scheme.

And because most fabric projects benefit from top stitching I outlined most of the pieces as I fused.







I fused and stitched some stems that will peak out a bit. The green cancelled stamp is part of a postcard that belonged to my grandmother that I copied onto muslin. 


Next I fused fabric leaves and circle flowers.  I kept laying down the buttons during the planning to help with placement of the fused parts.

I added a two inch border all the way around that I will fuse to a 6 x 6 wooden paint panel. Only a 1/4 of an inch or so of the stripe will show on the front...the rest will wrap around the frame. A few of the leaves will wrap just a bit...I thought that would make it more interesting. I hope it works. 
Now it's time for handwork.  I'll add the buttons, a few beads, and maybe even a little felt....but that will be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment