C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 5, 2017

A Splash of Color!

I made a trip to Maine today to look at a house....no, it's not the right one.  But on my way home I stopped to visit my friend Jane at her beach house just south of Portland.

She has been working on a colorful hand appliquéd tree quilt and there are spaces for little birds. She wants to do them in bright solids so I took some of my variegated hand dyed fabrics for her to choose from. It's always fun sharing fabric from my stash.


She's going to make the bird bodies from the solids...and maybe the little wings in these fun little prints from her stash. I'm also going to check my stash for other wing choices. 


Here's the pattern she working from....and you can see the sweet little birds tucked in the branches. Some day I'm going to have her give me an appliqué lesson...she's amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment