C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Green Scheme

I made a little progress on my green scheme project. I wanted to experiment using fusible webbing to hold the strips together so I laid the strips onto the glue side of the Wonder Under and pressed on the strips. Usually you put the glue side down and iron on the paper side....so this was a little tricky but it worked. I added a few fused strips of fabric to give it more texture...I like mixing up the media. It's hard to tell the fabric from the paper in the picture.


This is what the back looked like before I peeled off the paper to expose the other side of the glue. Some of the papers were double sided...and I like the fact that there's a little pink hiding underneath.


You can see the fusible webbing once I peeled the paper off. I'll be able to iron it onto the next surface...no glue necessary. The paper I peeled off is the "release paper" and I can use it under and over everything I fuse. When heated fusible webbing sticks to almost everything so I have to be carful. The release paper peels off easily and protects surfaces and my iron.



I'm quite fond of this edge I cut off....I'm sure there will be a use for it at some point.


I started cutting it up and rearranging and fusing it onto stabilizer. The stabilizer will make it easier to add stitching...of course there will be stitching. I do think this is getting too busy so I'm going pause and take a fresh look another day. I may only use part of this...and I'm pretty sure I need to add more solids and certainly a focal point.....stay tuned. I have to mull this one over some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment