C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Falling Into Place

I mentioned a few days ago that Paul and I had a "Maine day" and it was a little more than just a "field trip Friday." We actually signed the closing papers on a new weekend/retirement home in Portland, Maine.

I had to chuckle when I read this Story of the Day a week or two ago. Things ARE "falling into place perfectly as long as you don't get too picky about what you mean by place, or perfectly."

Paul and I looked at lots of houses and spent hours talking through things. We rearranged some of our priorities, redefined "place" and "perfect" and made an unexpected decision that gives us a lot of great space....and the simplicity that we crave.

We don't take occupancy until after Memorial Day so we need to wait a bit longer. There will be more to come down the road as we settle into this new home. I do enjoy turning a house into a home.

Here's the view out the large floor to ceiling window in the second floor family room that will be my art/craft studio. Yay! 
This is one of the listing photos of 1/2 the room with their furniture. It has 2 large walk in closets for supplies and storage. At some point it will be repainted a fun color and I'll start moving in. Some serious crafting and sewing can happen in this space don't you think? 


2 comments:

  1. wow congratulations and happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! It's going to be nice to spread out a bit. I feel very lucky.

      Delete