C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Birthday Sunflower

I wanted to make something for my sister LaVonn's birthday using a couple of the beautiful photos I shared a few days ago in the "Sunflower Field" post.
Once again I used a paint panel and three of the same photograph.  I sanded and stained the paint panel, and adhered the first photo with Matte Medium  and my brayer.  I put another coat  of medium on top and let it dry. I carefully cut out the other two photos to layer on top using foam spacers to give the flower dimension. 
Foam spacers are sticky on both sides and come in all sizes.
I ended up not liking that upper level of petals on the third photo attached to the center of the flower....so I cut them off and glued them right on top of the second photo.  This still gave it a little dimension....but made the center of the sunflower pop out nicely....again using foam spacers.

I also mounted this great view of the lilies on a square panel....using a second photo to make the fence and the lilies dimensional.  The grassy area between the fence railings is also cut out...it's hard to see. 



Happy Birthday LaVonn!  It's in the mail...and 
it is still your birthday month at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment