C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blackwork...

...or in my case "bluework."  It might be hard to tell but this is actually navy blue.

I had seen some interesting repetitive needlework patterns on Pinterest and I was intrigued.  I had never heard of blackwork...but once I started checking it out I was hooked.

I bought a sampler pattern and have pinned several patterns on my  needlework pinterest board.
Using a combination of the patterns...I put together my own little sampler....and have yet to frame it.
I have always been a cross stitch fan...and always will be...but you are constantly committed to the pattern.  What I like about blackwork is once you have the flow of a particular motif...you can just keep on repeating without having to look at the pattern. This makes it a good project when visiting with friends or watching TV. There will be more blackwork in my life...or versions of it.  

Can you spy the missing stitches below?  Since I haven't framed it yet....I can fix it.  Procrastination pays off now and then.



I did a small sampler in the Pinterst inspired journal....when I had Ellen's book.  


No comments:

Post a Comment