C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Lynn's Zentangled Watercolors

Settle in....there is a lot to see here.  And...speaking of surrounding myself with what I love....


These are two of my favorite pieces of art!  I probably have said that before...I guess I have a lot of favorites.  But really, these are two of my favorites!   

They were done my my good friend Lynn from Madison and they completely set the tone for my dining room.  I bought them from her and had them framed before I moved so I was pleased how perfectly they fit on this focal wall of the new dining room.




I found this rug and thought it went perfectly with the organic shapes in Lynn's art.








The art is the perfect focal point in the room don't you think?





I met Lynn about 7 years ago when we lived in Madison and was an instant fan of her and her artwork.  She has kept beautiful travel art journals and dappled in several mediums.  It's clear that I am drawn to her watercolors with pen and ink because they are all over my house....literally.  There is something about these organic shapes filled in with the Zentangle doodles that just make me happy.

 

I have no idea how I got these
two pictures to overlap!




This fun piece lives in the breakfast room in Lexington.


















These happy pieces live in the living room....the shelves are are all decked out for Christmas in this picture.





We converted an old small dresser into our TV/DVR  stand.  

This is the rug in the room....You can see I am drawn to these rich colors.  

I may revisit this whole living room scheme in another post.  




For this piece...Lynn did a base watercolor of circles then added some pen and ink and some punched watercolor circles.  It lives on this kitchen wall in Maine.


This is another one of my favorites!  Lynn gave it to me as a gift when I left Madison to move back to New England.





It reminds me of marbles...and you know how I feel about marbles.

It lives in my bathroom in Maine and is perfect on the nautical blue wall.









This blue and green piece is part of a collage wall at the top of the stairs in Maine.

Lynn introduced me to Zentangles several years ago. She, like me finds it very relaxing. As a matter of fact while getting treatment for a major illness recently Lynn was having some issues with her blood pressure.  The doctors were amazed how her doodling actually brought her blood pressure down.

My thoughts and prayers are with her for a full recovery.










I wasn't kidding when I said they were all over my house!



These colorful pieces live in my craft room.  I drew the wall color from them and they are perfect for all the other colorful craziness that is this room. Sometime when it's clean I will share more pictures of this awesome space.




This one lives in the hallway upstairs in Maine.

I don't own these two...but I had pictures of them and thought these needed to be shared.  
I can't wait to see what Lynn is up to next time I go to Madison! 
CLEARLY, I'm a fan!



No comments:

Post a Comment