C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Quote Journals...Continued

I said this quote by Brian Andreas would reappear...and here it is
again on a page spread I did in the quote journal I started and ended with.


At the time I made the page below I saw this quote on Pinterest....
it was the perfect quote for me at the perfect time.



The little shapes on the right are snippets and scraps from greeting cards.

These little shapes on the left were made with washi tape and watercolor. I made sheets of alternating watercolor strips and washi tape...embellished them a bit with pens...and then cut them up.

Have you heard of Angelina fibers?  The are a very interesting product and I have only played around with them a little bit.  The fibers come in all colors and are kind of like tinsel...or Easter grass...sort of.


You can pull off a little chunk of fibers and iron it between two pieces of parchment paper and the fibers fuse together. If you use a lot of fibers you can actually make a sheet that's fabric like and cut out shapes.  But I like these loose, organic edged swatches. 

I want to play around with it a little more...I think it could be useful for needle felting....or art quilting. 

Below I stitched a little swatch of fibers into this art journal page from a while back. And to my delight...there is a "little joy" in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment