C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Grids, Squares and Stamps

I love my 1 inch square punch!  It's one of the tools I use most often.

I used it here for these pages for my Pinterest inspired art journal.

    

I made a diamond grid on my computer and filled in with punched watercolor squares. I finished it off with a stamps and embellished it a bit.





For this page I used the same grid but I grayed the squares to give it a shadow effect. Then I filled in with watercolor squares and some handmade paper.  Finally I added the stamp detail around the edge. To get a black edge on the watercolor squares I just traced the edge with a black sharpie.



To get a perfect triangle... you can put your paper in your square punch just 1/2 way...lining up corner to corner.











For this page I folded blue circles around the watercolor squares.  Then I glued them into place and added the little stamp designs.  I traced the edges of the circles with black sharpie before I folded them....I like that black edge.


It reminds me of the cathedral window quilt pattern.



I will use some of these ideas again....There are lots of fun things that you could do.


These pages were somewhat inspired by this pin I found on Pinterest from Fickr.


No comments:

Post a Comment