C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, April 27, 2015

Iris...in Glass


Can you spot the small crack in the green glass?  I can't remember if it happened while I was making it...or while transporting it.  It's a huge deal to fix (for me, anyway)...so once it's there, it's there.

I made this piece for Paul's sister Liz. Her bedroom is decorated with soft blues and purples....inspired by her favorite flower...the iris. I wish I had a better photo of the whole room...it has such a nice vibe.  You get a glimpse of a periwinkle accent wall in this photo.


I designed the piece based on this poster from Peabody College for Teachers in Nashville, TN where I got my Masters of Education.



This is NOT my work....but the inspiration for a piece I am starting to work on for my friend Jane's bathroom in her new beach house in Maine. It has been a while since I have worked with glass so we'll see how it goes.  I will photograph the process....right now I am tweaking the pattern.

I found the window on Pinterest and will use lots of textured clear glass...green leaves and a hint of blue.



No comments:

Post a Comment