C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

More Calendar Squares

I had fun with this two page spread I did in my Pinterest Inspired journal using more punched squares from the "Sun Moon and Stars" calendars.  I want to try something similar on a wooden canvas.

These pages were inspired by this pin on my "interesting art" Pinterest board. It was done by another of my favorite artists,  Loretta Grayson and her blog can be found here. I'm going share a little more about Loretta sometime soon. I love her work and own one of her delightful tree prints.

After writing about these calendars I did my research. The artist is Maret Hensick and she lives in Maine...which made me smile!  She designs and paints for several different companies and her work can be found on everything from cards to t-shirts and her website can be found here.




I was quite taken with Maret's statement of inspiration...
 Reprinted from Maret's website

2 comments:

  1. I love these journal pages! Several years ago I was machine stitching on all my paper collages, and I'm now inspired to drag out the sewing machine again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's awesome! I remember some of your stitched work and it will be fun to see it make a come back.

      Delete