C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 24, 2015

Paper Cuts

Pinterest inspired paper cuts.

There will be a day when there are no more pages to share from my Pinterest and art journals I traded with Ellen....but that's not the case yet.

And I've been thinking about starting another one.  It's nice to have a place to put that one time experiment....and I do a lot of experimenting.  

These paper cuts caught my eye on Pinterest so I checked out the website.  They were done by Marnie Karger from Minneapolis.  I was drawn to the gradation of colors...and the simple retro shapes.    

I especially love her topographical maps....like the one below of Lake Superior. Paul and I vacationed in Bayfield, WI on Superior last summer and toured The Apostle Islands...the little white dots in the lower left of the map.  It was awesome!


I thought I would give her simple shapes a try.  I've not done much with an x-acto knife...but it was kind of fun and not as hard as I thought and I was pretty pleased with the result. I thought my little personal touch of the machine stitching was a nice addition.  It would be fun to make some cards.  


No comments:

Post a Comment