C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 29, 2015

A Real Treasure!


I recently acquired one of the most beautiful handmade accordion books I have ever seen. It was made by my friend Jeanne Paradise...known to us as Muffy.  She is an exceptional artist and teacher and is the one who taught me the basics of book binding. As I mentioned before she has an amazing collection of handmade journals and sketchbooks...I could sit at her kitchen table for hours looking through them again and again always finding something new.


Muffy kept a nature journal in 2000 with beautiful illustrations and lovely captions and narration. The originals were done in a large sketchbook and are individually framed lining a whole wall of her studio in her home.  They are breathtaking.  She has reduced the images down to make this lovely book...which is about 5 x 7.  




I hope you enjoy her work as much as I do.













All I can say it wow!  What a treasure!

I'm a huge fan Muffy...you are an inspiration to me!


2 comments: