C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 1, 2015

Ellen's Inchies


Ellen first introduced me to inchies several years ago when I lived in Wisconsin....simple one inch squares turned into little art pieces. What a concept! This is one of my ABC cards that we traded...and it appropriately ended up with Ellen.  
Ellen spent several years making what she called "inchies with bling."  Here are some finished on her work table.
She starts with a crazy mixed up collage of scraps and bits of this and that. She glues it all down and cuts it into inch squares. I'm sure she can't punch this....she must use an x-acto knife or a rotary cutter.


Next Ellen embellishes the squares with string, wire, and bling, and mounts/frames them on larger punched squares. She uses them in all kinds of ways including mirror frames and mounted on canvas.

She made this sweet little set for me for Christmas...it sits on a tiny easel.  



Here are a few of her inchie pages in our shared journals. On this page she describes her process.



Gold zentangling on black inchies.

I love this spread....she used one photograph and cut it into inch squares and just used part of it. Actual stones were glued onto the pages.

4 comments:

  1. Yes....they are pretty cool! You could make your own....and Ellen would probably help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen is tickled pink that you posted this page. Inches with embellishments are also very good therapy since I am so focused on a tiny space. MaryAnn, you make them look so good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure Ellen! You are one of my biggest inspirations!

    ReplyDelete