C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Gotta Love Hosta!

When I got home from Maine this afternoon I walked the yard and took these pictures of some of my hosta...yes, I said some.  I can't believe how fast they grow and fill in.  This grid is misleading on the sizes because some leaves are as small as a teaspoon...and some as large as a tennis racket. They divide easily and are maintenance free.  Gotta Love Hosta!

Here are a few photos from other years around my house in Lexington showing some of the sizes in a better context.  My sister Angie got me started on the miniatures...they are my favorites. Some of them multiply like crazy...I have them at every entrance.






There's always plenty....so come on over with a shovel...I have plenty to share!

5 comments:

  1. Looking lovely. Most of the ones you sent me last fall seem to have returned. They are screaming for attention. (visually:remove weeds and add mulch)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! There's many more...and you can choose them when you come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hosta garden beds are so inspiring. Love, live them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hosta garden beds are so inspiring. Love, live them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Amy! Tell me when you're ready for more!

    ReplyDelete