C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 18, 2015

Images That Make Me Happy

Yesterday was a first....the first day since I started this blog that I didn't post.  You may not even have noticed...and those of you who subscribe by e-mail may have been a little relieved.  It's gardening season and there's always too much to do all at the same time....and I was exhausted last night.  

It actually was a good thing....kind of like that first scratch on your new car.  I will continue to post....I have more to show, share, and say...and I still love doing it.  But now I know that it doesn't have to be every day.

When I'm tired...like last night...I spend time on Pinterest and Tumblr just looking at images.  Here are a few from my "images that make me happy" Pinterest  boards. 


How can you not smile when you see this dog's tongue.



I have always been an image fan...I love looking through beautiful magazines and catalogs.  It drives Paul crazy that I often flip through them starting at the back.....it's because I'm just looking at the images.  I might read the words another time...but sometimes I just need the pictures....of nature, pretty things, crafty things, or something that makes me smile or chuckle.

My home page on Tumblr.
Some of you may be familiar with "Tumblr"...another blog site...kind of like Pinterest...kind of like a blog. For me it's another place to find and collect images that bring me joy.  Some of the images are GIFs...which were new to me....not quite a video but a moving picture......they just tickle me.

Here is a link to my archive page on Tumblr.  This archive page is just the thumbnails of images on my site...all of which are reposted from other beautiful sites.  You can click on any image to see it bigger....but there's something fun about the grid of thumbnails.  Like Pinterest it can always link back to where is originated.

So if you like images...put your feet up and take a peek using the links above...you might find something that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment