C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Oasis In The City...

...one of the Twin Cities that is.


A while back I shared  these awesome trellises as a splash of color in my sister Nancy and her husband Craig's back yard.  They have a cozy city lot in Minneapolis and have created an amazing oasis.

I took these photos several years ago....it's time for anther visit because I'm sure it has changed.
Nancy and Craig love to host parties...and their backyard is like and outdoor room. My guess is the vines have covered the pergola by now. It's such a cozy place to sit.


Most of their trees bear fruit much of what they grow is edible. Nancy is a master gardener...she really knows what she's doing!

I don't think there is any grass in the backyard....just vegetable and flower beds and awesome stone and brickwork.

I love the hardscaping....the mix of stone and brick.
This is the cozy path between them and the neighbor.
I snuck this photo off Craig's Facebook page.  Along the other side of the house Craig suspended these beautiful trellises.  Nancy plants kiwi vines that grows up the trellis and provides privacy from the close neighbor.               
Craig had to cut down a dead birch in the front....but not all the way....he used the branches for supports into the trunk to hold a birdbath....pretty clever.  It's at the front of the house and you can see it peeking in the photo below.  
I absolutely love the old brick and stone edging combo.  Isn't this a welcoming entrance?                                                      I have to mention that one of the best compliments I have even gotten came from Craig.  While I was visiting one time I was just in awe of all the creative and artful things he comes up with...inside and out.  I said "I need one of you".....and he replied..."I thought you were one of me."  

3 comments: