C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Gulf Coast Collection

It's our last night in St. Petersburg...and Paul and I just got back from a lovely after dark beach walk. It's been a great get-a-way for me...and a worthwhile class for Paul...but it's time to go home.

Beach combing is one of my favorite things to do...and living much of my adult life on the coast of Maine has made that pretty easy. This week I enjoyed seeing what the Gulf Coast had to offer...and here's what I picked up to take home.



I have always loved these translucent shells....I think they're called jingle shells.
And for some reason I'm drawn to odd little "non beach" things that I come across. This little pink bead is on a stiff wire...and I have no idea what it might be from. And these two little strips of blue paper caught my eye. Silly? Probably. 


I already have a little collection of unusual beach finds in Maine...and until this last summer had them displayed on the ledge going down to the basement as you came in the garage door. I cleaned it up last spring when we had the house on the market but I think it's time for them to fine their way back to the ledge. My two new Florida things will fit right in.  


I know the wood is a little expected....but these pieces are unusual.  I am particularly fond of the super hero leg and the scrabble letter "E."  And who doesn't love a purple crayon?  I know Harold does......

2 comments:

  1. I liked the shells on the photo. looked neat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun being on a beach with cool shells. You would have loved it! A good shell beach will have to be on our bucket list together!

      Delete