C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 2, 2016

I'm Going To Be Brave!

My mind was already buzzing....but that crazy "fork in the road" really got me revved up about all the possibilities for 2016. One of my goals is to be brave. 





My friend Becky told me about a site called "Folt Bolt" when she was here in September. It was started by a Hungarian artist living in Australia named Kriszta Kemeny. (you can read more about her on her website) Now that she is not making so much or her own art, she is featuring and celebrating artists from all over the world on her website, Facebook, and Pinterest.. In addition to her featured artists, she offers "show & tell" where she has two categories each month to feature. One is always a color scheme...and one is a technique or medium.  This month the color scheme is blues and greens and the category is felting....both close to my heart.

So yesterday I was brave...I joined her "Folt Bolt Club" and submitted a few things in each category. I woke up to an e-mail saying I was in. If you go to her website here....and click on the the sub-category "SHOW & TELL" you will see a few pages from my art journal with Ellen....and if you keep scrolling....a few of my felting projects.  And, she has chosen the mixed media vase of flowers to be one of the featured pieces at the end of the month on the Facebook Page celebrating the "show & tell" color scheme contributors.  (the Facebook page has almost 100,000 followers.)

In addition, she chose a few things to go on her Pinterst pages here, and here.


Needless to say I'm excited.  Yes...I'm going to be brave in 2016.



2 comments:

  1. ...and that is how I found you! Love your collages and will make you one of my visits as I have my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! Your comment came at the perfect time for me! You made my day! I will smile thinking about us hanging out over coffee.

      Delete