C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Color is Red!

Quite some time ago Paul asked me to make him a new red stole...so that's my new sewing project. I was inspired by this one I found on Pinterest done by Jeff Wunro.

In case you don't know...Paul is a minister and wears a stole with his liturgical robe. There are different colors for each church season and red is the color for Pentecost, ordinations, and celebrations.

Like the inspiration...I wanted the top of the stole to be the red end of the color spectrum....and the lower part to gradate into the rest of the rainbow.  And, like the inspiration, I want to frame it in red.

I searched my fabrics...and was drawn to the batiks left over from the quilt Joan and I made for the rainbow banner on the welcome wall at church. I laid them out on my table along with some of my own.  The colors were beautiful...but I needed to punch it up so I added in some brighter solids. This red stole needs to be bright and splashy.

Now I need to figure out exactly how I'm going to tackle it. I'll keep you posted.



2 comments:

  1. You are definitely on the right track by adding the solids. Bring it to Project Group on Monday!

    ReplyDelete