C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Yes to Play!

I took a little time to play today....a little coloring and digital art meets the beach.



A few weeks ago I finished listening to the  The Year of Yes: How to Dance it Out, Stand in the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes. (I will quietly admit that I watch several of Shonda's TV shows....and I see her personality coming through in many of her characters.)

I am loving audio books! They work well for me while I'm crafting or puttering around the house, and they're perfect for my solo drives to and from Maine....or the recent flight to Tampa.


I heard Shonda interviewed on the Oprah channel and liked her no nonsense, tell it like it is attitude. Her "year of yes" was not only life changing but life saving.

There were so many things that resonated with me....but the one thing that keeps rolling around in my head is:

"Ditch the dream and be a doer!  Happy, successful people are busy doing."
More to come...

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to read more of this MaryAnn. Love the energy. (envy the ocean....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I have a little momentum going and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete