C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Mulling It Over

I often have a hard time figuring out framing....and I'm mulling over what to do with my little felt piece inspired by the beach umbrella horizon.

I did some loopy free motion stitching at the top...just to suggest water and sky and a blanket stitch along the edge. Per usual I may have gone a little overboard with the orbs....but it's too late now.  And for the sake of not overdoing even more...I opted not do add any embellishments on the bottom....although I have a few ideas.....


I stained a 6x8 paint panel and edged the top with strips of blue and white striped card stock....for interest and a nautical nod to striped beach umbrellas.  I haven't glued it down yet...because I'm still mulling it over.

Commets? Suggestions?

Sometimes it's good to put it aside for a while...I've got several other things brewing.


2 comments:

  1. I really love the blue and white stripe border. It looks nautical, but isn't in-your-face either. Personally, I'd probably stop now. Then again - I'm not sure what you might add!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Joan! I'll show you in person when we get together to sew.

      Delete