C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Unexpected Horizons

I've been thinking, sketching and perusing my inspiration spaces and places thinking about my little office show....sometimes wondering "WHAT WAS I THINKING!" 

I kept drawing lines....horizontally and vertically...speckled with buttons and beads, felt and fabric. But I needed a focus...a theme...something to inspire what I make and pull it together. Then it hit me a few days ago....horizons...."unexpected horizons!"

About the same time this quote came across my Pinterst feed...and that clinched it.

I have taken hundreds of photos....and have hundreds more memories of beautiful and changing horizons. So many colors...so many textures.

"You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. " William Faulkner

This photo was taken by my friend Gail....her photos turned out better than mine. 

I've gathered wool, felt and buttons to make an unexpected horizon inspired by this color...full photo from Martha's Vineyard.  I love a rainbow spectrum....so this will be fun. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. nice. Im glad to see that you are open to noticing the signs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....it feels better to have a focus. The signs were there....now I just need to make stuff!

      Delete