C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, March 25, 2016

Helpful Questions!

Even though I've been focused on the construction project in Maine...I've been working on pieces for my show.

I have a great group of supportive friends who are willing to give me constructive criticism and advise when I need it.  When talking about my little art show with my friend Becky....she asked me a couple questions that have been rattling around in my head.  Do you have a focal point?....and are you going to edit?

In terms of editing...I am narrowing my scope a bit. I can't do everything that's in my head....and it has to look good together. So several of my pieces are going to have a spectrum of color similar to the umbrella photo.  Some pieces will be more subtle...some a little more crazy.



My focal point is a little on the crazy side....here's just a little glimpse...it's still very much a work in progress. I will try and have a little restraint....but I think it would be fun in a kids room....so why not go crazy!

It actually started with this piece of driftwood I had wrapped a while back in some rainbow spectrum yarn....just because I could.  Not every quilt starts with the hanger...but this one did. And...I knew I wanted to make it narrow enough to use a garland of felted beads.








 

It goes nicely with my wool, felt and button piece....which I still need to figure out how to frame. Maybe this quilt will help me figure that out.





No comments:

Post a Comment