C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Experiment...Part 2

Well...here's where I ended with my Portland horizon collage experiment....or at least where I'm stopping for now. 

There are things about this I like...and things I would do differently.  I actually am anxious to try another one...I think there is potential for some fun and funky stuff! I do like the collage as an extension of the photo. Next time I will use more scraps from handmade papers....I like those elements the best.  I see collaged farm fields in my future!
Did you recognize the frame? In the collage world it's called a "support." I used the paint panel I had made up for the wool beach umbrella piece.  I think it needs something different...don't know what yet...but I'll figure it out.
I always intend to take more pictures of my process...but I get so wrapped up in the project that I forget.  

The last post shows a few beginning steps and I did take this picture when it was a little further along. Once I cropped the photo a bit...I adhered it to the panel with matte medium...including a top coat to knock down the gloss of the photo.  I made the bottom piece as a separate unit, trimmed it up and then adhered that. The swirls on the left are from a calendar...and they got a little wonky after I attached it...so I had to do some "cover up" with my embellishments. I definitely want to try this again and work on my technique!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. It has some issues...I'm excited to tackle another one at some point soon.

      Delete
  2. Wow you are really venturing out. I like this original stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! That means a lot. I have really been mindful of doing things that are somewhat original.....and I like where this is going.

      Delete