C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 24, 2016

A Touch of Glitter

I put together a couple photo pieces and added a touch of glitter.  They didn't photograph very well...I think they look better in person. The colors in the photos are very rich...and the glitter is fun.

The rocks in this piece were from a separate photo from my favorite pebble beach in Maine. I cut them out individually and stacked them on top of the beach photo...which is from our recent trip to Florida.  I think the touch of glitter in the sky where the sun is setting is kind of fun.  And there's just a tiny bit on the reflection on the water. It will go in a black frame.

This one will go in a white shadow box frame to accommodate the stones and shells.  I highlighted some of the brightest points in the sky with a touch of glitter. The beach is in Florida and the rock photo at the bottom is from Maine. Both of these photo pieces plus a few more will fill in some holes at my show...which I think is going well.  I'm checking it out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment