C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, April 1, 2016

Playing With Photos

A couple of 70 degree days helped my mini daffodils pop open.  Yesterday they were closed up tight.                                                                                          

While I was up in Maine a few weeks ago....I played around with photos....and today this one got framed.

I punched a bunch of photos squares and edged them all with a black sharpie. I like to cover the white edges...and the black gives each square a nice little frame.
This is how it looked at the beginning of the day...but I ended up trimming it down for framing...partly because I thought it was too busy...and partly because I already had a really nice matt with a black bevel that was just perfect. 

My matt was 9 by 11...not a standard size...so I opted for a black metal frame.  I bought sets of the lengths I needed and put it together today. Sometimes the sliver edge shows...but you can solve that problem by covering them with a black sharpie.


2 comments: