C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Splash of Spring

I got the idea for these felted lotus pods at a craft show in Portland. I started making them with multiple colors in each one...but they were too busy so I kept the palette a little tighter. I've also been working on a few felted pussy willow branches. I pulled off the fuzzy buds...and with super tacky glue replaced them with tiny little felted ones for a little splash of spring.

 

I'm going to put the bouquet on the table in the waiting area to break up the long wall. One thing's for sure....it's going to be colorful. 
I've been walking by "The Piece" for a few days....something was off...not right...missing.  I finally decided that the rainbow strip was too "flat" compared to the rest....it needed to be quilted...it needed texture. Oy!


So off it came....thank goodness it was just hand stitched.  You have a little peak at my "hidden" binding on the back....more on that later.   


I topstitched the strip with gray/blue thread and settled in with HGTV and sewed it back on.  I think it's much better. Tomorrow I need to attach it to the canvas...and that worries me a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment