C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Button Button....

...who's got the button?  Anyone else play that game when they were young?

I recently ordered a bargain bag of misc multi colored buttons from Etsy.  There are several projects where I've used a spectrum of buttons and my supply of some of the colors was getting low.

Ever since I made the "beach balls" piece for the show (I actually made two) I've wanted to do a version in a swirl.



So I've cut some circles out of felt and wool and chosen some buttons. Some of the circles will be needle felted right into the gray wool felt and some stitched on. I will likely work in some beads and maybe even some embroidery stitches. In the end it will be mounted on a black square canvas. I think it will be a fun piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment