C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 6, 2016

Act Opposite

Still feeling a little blue....but a coping strategy we use in our family is "act opposite." So today I went shrub shopping for the Maine house and spent a few hours working in the yard in Lexington. It was...after all...the first non rainy, fairly nice day in a long time....and a little sunshine and fresh air would do me good.

There was one orange tulip in the garden....all by itself. 

The first thing that came to my mind was that orange is opposite blue on the color wheel. Hmmm...must be a sign. Then... because I'm easily distracted I wondered if I could find the whole rainbow spectrum in my yard. I think I came pretty close!



Maybe the opposite of blue is rainbow!

2 comments: