C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 27, 2016

"Indigo Moon"

My show is winding down soon....and a few days ago I took in one last piece I called "Indigo Moon." 

It's rather simple...but I'm pretty happy with it. I played around with different pieced quilts blocks at the bottom...but in the end...simple worked best. I won't mind if it doesn't sell because I have a couple places I could hang it.

I used an altered photo and two different fabrics with a little sliver of silver metallic paper peeking through.


I took the photo a couple of years ago in Bedford as I was leaving Connie's apartment....I've always loved it.  
For this piece I used a version that I digitally altered. 
I think it looks kind of etherial...and artsy.


Here's another view of the moon that same night.  I will play around with these photos again....I think they are beautiful. I do love indigo!


No comments:

Post a Comment