C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mosaic Mirror

Several weeks ago I started a photo experiment where I mounted punched photo squares on card stock...then re-punched them creating these mini mosaics. You can read about it here

I finally decided to mount them on a mirror.  So after a morning of gardening....I spent a chunk of the afternoon at the dining room table adhering the mini mosaics with my favorite fast drying white glue.
The squares were not the perfect size to completely go from edge to edge...so I had to do a little patching. I always outlined every piece in black sharpie....in this case it looks like grout.



Finally I coated the whole thing with matte medium. Tomorrow I will finish the edges and add at least 2 more coats of medium and get it into my show.

No comments:

Post a Comment