C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 23, 2016

The Blue Chair

This photo was taken before the wall came down.
We have a tired blue chair and ottoman in the corner of the living room in Maine. The stuffing is losing its loft and there are a few burn holes from the fire place....but it's the best seat in the house. It's where Paul sits to read, write, or listen to music or the Red Sox, and it's where I sit and stitch.



The flat arms are just the right height for a board Paul uses to hold his laptop or journal (you can see it there on the left)...and they are perfect perches for the supplies and snippets from my current project. Last time I was there I sat there all evening starting my new wool and felt project...enjoying the view out the window...and the peace and quiet.




I have tried to find another one like it....even from the same company...but no luck.



Here's it is in our three season porch when we lived in Madison, Wisconsin.  This was my favorite room in that house...and of course my favorite spot to sit. Do you have a favorite spot to sit?


1 comment: