C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 20, 2016

The Big Day!

It was GINKGO DAY!

There wasn't a hard frost last night and today was breezy, misty, and 42 degrees...but at some point the leaves just gotta' fall. Today was the big day!

I uploaded a video to YouTube....you can view it here.  I love the carpet of yellow!


I got up early this morning hoping to get some things done. But instead I felt like a kid on Christmas morning....I couldn't stop watching the tree. I was kind of giddy actually. At several points I just had to stand out in the middle of it. And when I wasn't out I was sitting in this chair at the front door. The timing was perfect...and I enjoyed every minute of it!












I was thrilled to get an e-mail yesterday from Christine from California who was in both the fusing and Sticky Fingers online classes.  She had seen the posts on my tree and shared some of her favorite photos of ginkgo trees taken on her walks in Pasadena. Thanks Christine!  I know there are lots of ginkgo fans out there!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm glad the Big Day was a day when you could be around to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete