C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Yay!

I finally finished a project....this one inspired by Folt Bolt's February color scheme.
You can read about my process here, and here.





Today I started by fusing a piece of batting to the back that was just a tiny bit smaller than my paint panel. 


Then I settled in to do the hand stitching and embellishing. And...thanks to the most bizarre and dysfunctional press conference (sorry) I've ever seen....I was glued to the television...so I got it all done.

Then with a little snipping, folding, and pressing...I fused the piece to the paint panel. It worked like a charm. I did cover the top of the canvas with matte medium to attach the top/batting.








The back is neat and tidy...no messy glue! I actually tried to lift a little piece to reposition it just a bit and it wouldn't move...so I know it's going to hold. And...seeing this picture reminds me that I do need to add a hanger. 
I like the effect of the leaves and flowers wrapping around the canvas.



A happy little project...and better yet a completed little project!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment