C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Funny Story

When I got back to Lexington today I was outside watering when my postal carrier handed me one piece of mail.  It was a thick yellow envelope I had sent to my sister Nancy in Minneapolis that had to be "returned to sender" because I left out out one number on the address. I didn't remember sending her anything like this recently so I was puzzled.



Look at the post mark: September 27, 2016....more than 8 months ago....and it finally made its way back to me.  I would love to see the path this little yellow envelope took. It's a little tired...but still in tact.

Here's the story of the yellow envelope....you had to know it was coming.

I make a handmade desktop calendar every year for a few people....I've written about them many times.  I had the big idea last year to do a little mini collage every month for Nancy rather than her giving her a whole calendar at one time on her birthday.

It was a good idea in my head but I found myself scrambling the last few days of every month trying to get it done and in the mail in time. But clearly October never made it. Some of them were more creative....some very simple.  I generally take photos of EVERYTHING...but I was always putting the collage in the envelope as the glue was drying so never photographed them. But here's one!

October was VERY simple....it might not even be considered a collage.  A simple found image of heart shaped citrus fruits in fall colors with a few buttons.  But it's sweet....and it's the thought that counts.

So here you go Nancy....I hope October was a good month! It does make for a good story.

A while back Nancy sent me a couple photos of March and April in their little stand.... these were a little more elaborate.  I still think it was a good idea....and although I was always scurrying around at the last minute each month...it was a fun year long project.





No comments:

Post a Comment