C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 12, 2017

The Colors of June

I love the purple blooms of June....iris, allium, clematis, lupin and so many more. Paul took this picture on Saturday in the Public Garden in Boston.  He knew I loved allium...or sticks and balls as he calls them.

After just enough cleaning and chores today to ease my guilt....I rewarded myself with some crafting time and worked on my June color scheme project. I knew I wanted to create a patchwork background and add the plant and/or floral elements using just embroidery and beads. 
But after I started this little patchwork piece I realized that with all the seaming I might have trouble doing the handwork through all the layers.

So I went back to fusing because there's less bulk.  The picture below is held up to the light....and you see the overlap of fabric....I think it's kind of cool.                                                                                                         


Once I had it fused I added top stitching.  I'm not sure I love it...it may be better a bit simpler. I'll experiment a little with some of the hand stitching that's in my head and make a decision.

I put it aside for today and do what I do best....mull it over.



No comments:

Post a Comment