C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Abundance

Joyful...Colorful...Abundance! Merry Christmas from my house to yours!

A couple of days ago I was sitting on the couch having my coffee, enjoying the tree, and going through my morning computer routine. Something I saw must have lit the spark because I got right up and was compelled to shop the tree for a rainbow.  I literally undecorated some of the tree...had a little photo shoot...then put everything back. I had a blast.

I decided to include this photo so I could talk about my trial and error strategy.  I worked on a board so I could arrange...then move it to a chair by the window for better natural light.

At first I couldn't get things to stay in place and actually broke a bauble in the process. It was kind of a comical fiasco to start...but I stuck with it. I finally fetched a wire wreath form to hold everything in and wrapped the whole thing in some holly garland to fill in the spaces at the edges. I also used some of my felt balls as filler and they helped blend everything together. They're also a nod to the felt garlands on my tree.

In the end I think it's a fun celebration of colorful Christmas abundance.


I'm going to pause the blog for a couple days during Christmas.  I hope your days are merry and bright!


2 comments: